How to get your vaccine in Salford
The vaccination is a safe and simple way to ensure that you have the best protection against Covid19. Eligible patients are being contact via the Covid vaccine teams to ensure everyone is offered the opportunity to get their vaccine.
Those currently eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine through the Salford NHS Vaccination Service are:
- 40 years +
- A carer (both paid and unpaid. If you are an unpaid/informal carer, you can register for your vaccine)via www.salfordcvs.co.uk/covid-19-vaccinations-unpaid-carers
- On the shielding list
- Invited to an annual review with a GP for your long term condition
- Most people invited by the NHS for an annual flu jab
If you are in any of the criteria above, you are now eligible for the first dose of your COVID-19 vaccine. Please CLICK HERE or call 0800 953 0116 to book an appointment. Please do not contact your GP.
The national booking system has now opened vaccination appointments for people over 40. If this is you, you can book your appointment (likely to be at the Greater Manchester vaccination centre based at the Ethihad Stadium).
The first dose of both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine offer good levels of protection, but to get maximum protection from COVID-19, everyone will need to get a second dose. We are therefore urging people to come forward for their second dose of the vaccine when they are contacted or if they have an appointment booked.
Here’s what you need to know about second doses:
- If you have had your first dose through the Salford vaccination service, you will be contacted by either text message or letter with an appointment for your second dose.
- Please do all you can to attend the appointment you have been given. However, if it’s not possible, call 0800 953 0116 to rearrange. Please note: the vaccination telephone booking centre line is open Monday – Friday 8:30am – 6pm and Saturdays 9am – 1pm.
- You cannot book your second appointment through the online booking system, this is for first dose appointments only.
- If you have not been contacted by the end of ‘Week 12’, call 0800 953 0116.
- Please be patient when contacting the call centre. It is extremely busy so you may have to wait on hold or call back, but you will get through eventually.
- Please do not contact your GP. GP practices in Salford are not involved in the appointment booking system and will only tell you to ring the call centre.
- Please do not contact your GP practice, hospital, other NHS organisations or Spirit of Salford helpline regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. You will be contacted directly as soon as you become eligible
- Please book your appointment online or via the telephone booking centre as soon as you receive your invitation
- Please do not attempt to book an appointment before you are eligible
- Please attend all booked appointments. If you become unable to attend an appointment, please call 0800 953 0116 to re-arrange and allow someone else to use the slot instead.
- Please cascade this information to friends, family, neighbours and colleagues
- Continue to abide by hands, face, space guidance, which will still save lives.
Click here for Covid Vaccine information in alternative languages.
All information regarding the Covid 19 Vaccination programme in Salford can be found by Clicking HERE