If you are at all unhappy with the level of service you receive, we would like to hear about this….
Who do you complain to?
- You can choose to complain directly to the practice, or:
- You can complain to NHS England, Greater Manchester Health & Care Partnership, 3 Piccadilly Place, Manchester M1 3BN.
How do you complain to the practice?
- In person: speak to a member of staff, or request an appointment with Samantha Brown practice manager.
- By letter: Address your letter of complaint to Samantha Brown practice manager.
- By telephone: Request to speak to the practice manager Samantha Brown.
- Via email email@example.com
- If you would like somebody to act on your behalf when making your complaint we will require your consent for our records.
When should you complain?
- As soon as possible.
- Complaints should normally be made within twelve months of the date of the event that you are complaining about, or as soon as the matter came to your attention.
- The time limit can sometimes be extended (as long as it is possible to investigate the complaint). An extension might be possible for instance in situations where it would have been difficult to complain earlier, for example when you were grieving or undergoing trauma.
What you need to provide.
- Your full name, date of birth, and home address.
- A clear description of your complaint.
- A contact telephone number.
What will we do?
- All written complaints will be acknowledged in writing within three working days and you will be informed who will be the investigator. All complaints are forwarded to the senior partner.
- Your complaint will be investigated within the practice, involving both clinical and non-clinical staff as appropriate.
- You may be invited to the surgery to discuss your complaint with the Senior Partner, Dr L Addlestone and Mrs Samantha Brown, practice manager.
- We aim to respond to your complaint following an investigation within 28 days from receiving your complaint.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome:
- You can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP Tel 0345 0154033.
Reviewed December 2018